Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CHA Summer 2011 - Day 3

 Another great day at CHA with lots of goodies, a class, make and takes and a couple of interviews and one technique video posted on my YouTube channel curtesy of the lovely Holly Simoni at the Spellbinder's booth! It is taking some time to get things uploaded tonight so please be patient! Meanwhile I'll share a few pictures and sit and chat with you guys here on the blog for a little bit!

The first thing I heard from anyone I knew today was, "did you hear the big thunderstorm last night?. Ummm, nope!  And for those who know what a light sleeper I am, there are only two possible explanations, the hotel is near the airport and so they have mega noise insulation, or I was so tired I passed out last night!

A little walking around and I am off to the Bella Blvd Summer Mini album class. OK, I am thinking that life is weirder than weird, the lady that sat right in front of me and that was sharing a bottle of zig glue with is from... Montreal!  She teaches at a store in Dollard Des Ormeax (DDO), a suburb in what is known as Montereal's west Island. If you follow my blog, you know that I'll be visiting Montreal in less than two weeks!  Honest! The Bella Blvd class was very well organized, it is always easier when everything is well organized and though really cute, this album was simple and the two hour class was over in about 72 minutes! Still a nice album to take home to finish. 

I visited the My Little Shoe Box booth and Helen gave me a guided tour on video!  I especially liked the names she gave her Audrey collection.  Watch my YouTube video to find out why! She signed my smash book and wanted a picture of the two of us with it for herself. Since they were taking a picture with her camera, /i couldn;t really miss such an opportunity, now could I!

Next I walked around the floor again and the lovely Teresa Collins was in her booth!  I wanted to catch a picture of her on the QT with a chandelier but she caught sight of me as you can see and honest truly insisted that I come around and have my picture taken with her!

Teresa also gave everyone around a short tip on taking more flattering pictures by holding the camera from a higher angle looking down.  So my friends that's your tip direct from Teresa today!

A little bit of time spent in the Graphic45 booth, but I've got to go back to that one in the morning.  It was crazy in there as they were just about to have a drawing!  However Diane was nice enough to film a hello for my friends at Not Just Scrapbooks and Artsy Addicts! As usual, G45 has  one of the most striking booths in the place!

A stop to say hello  to Madison who I first met years ago in Florida!  I did order 3 collection packs for my layout class which will take care of our Holloween, Christmas and a special class. You can see a video of Madison giving my watchers the scoop on my YouTube channel at http://users.yourtube.com/mccplg

Next I stopped at a couple of the CHA newcomers, one made in the USA company called Glimpses, where Linda gave me the low down on who they are and what they are about and then a South African company called FabScraps. There is a very short video as the booth was so busy it was almost impossible to get around in there!

 
If you haven't seen the LaBlance stamps you have missed the coming of age of silicone embeded stamps designed by a very elegant hand! I should have taken some close up snapshots

Want to find out how to get good results using multiple Spellbinder edgibility dies? Holly Simoni is your gal!  Holly was nice enough to do a video shoot to explain how to do it right evey time using the grand Calibur!

Well that is a wrap for tonight, though there is alot more to tell. I would put all the video.s up on the blog too, but that would just be too huge a post! Here again are some pictures of some of the spectacular projects I've taken.  Oh and I'll post my Maya Road video tomorrow!

I have a think for the Prima designers. All but the last project which is from the Echo Park booth! Enjoy!







5 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Thanks for sharing all these photos!

Kip said...

Thanks again for your thorough wrap up M-C! Looking forward to more!

Ali said...

All these photos looking too much fantastic....
Scratch Card Printing
clear business cards
Plastic Cards

janierob said...

Oh, the alarm clock is so cute...I wanna make one...adorable-like my little friend, MC.

Janie

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Thanks for posting the video of Spellbinders Edgeabilities!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. Hugs! See you in cyberspace :) Off to post it on my blog as well.