Thursday, May 27, 2010

Charity Scrapbook Buddies gets a boost from Papercrafts Magazine!

Today Papercrafts Magazine was featuring Charity Scrapbooking on their blog. If you know me, you know how important I think Charity Crops are to the charities and people that they support! So I left a comment about the Charity Scrapbook Buddies group I started on Facebook and guess what, their editor, Kelly Smith posted a link to and promoted the Charity Scrapbook on their Facebook fan page! Awesome!

I believe that organizing, volunteering at, or attending a charity crop are life changing events! It makes you a better person, it gives you a different perspective on someone elses struggle, and it allows you to feel good about yourself! None of those are bad things, right? I know that helping with the Miracle for Savannah crop (visit Savannah's COTA site) a few years ago, touched my life and my heart in ways I couldn't even have imagined!  With all the economic problems out there, it stands to reason that if charity crops were important a few years ago, they are critical now when charitable donations have gone down.  Donations from businesses and coprporations are also down from a couple of years ago.

All that to say, if you haven't already, join the Charity Scrapbook Buddies and support all the charity crops that you can! Oh and sign your organ donor cards. After all you can't take your organs to heaven, but gifting them can save up to 17 lives that would otherwise be lost!

0 comments: