Monday, January 11, 2010

Coming this week!

I've decided that 2010 is about triumphing over my normal sedentary nature and especially about forming new friendships and cementing existing ones.  In my great wisdom {ô.ô}, I've determined that I needed to step out of my comfort zone to make things happen. So, this week, I've got my friend Charlene joining me Tuesday to scrap and play.  On Wednesday evening I've organized a meetup for local empty nesters and then Friday I'm driving to a weekend scrapbooking retreat at the French Lick Resort Springs Hotel in Indiana.

I'm excited as I get to catch up with one of my longtime on-line friends Sandy who it just happens shares my birthday, though I do believe that she is a couple of years younger! I am truly looking forward to getting there, but I'm not sure what I'll bring with me! I've actually paid for two people, I was hoping that my buddy Janie would be able to come up for a visit, but unfortunately that didn't happen. So, if anyone reading this wants to join me and share my room, your cost is $129.50 plus tax. Package for one includes two nights, Friday night reception, Saturday box lunch, workshops and speakers and 20% discount meal coupons. There will be stores on site, including Archivers. It will be interesting to see how Archivers sets up and what they bring with them. I'll try to take pictures! Now to figure out what to bring!

1 comments:

CathyR said...

Those sound like some great resolutions for the new year. Have fun on your weekend.

I too am trying to get past my not wanting to do anything slump.