Sunday, October 25, 2015

Life Updated

Well yes, I have been out of commission for a while and here is why!  In July hubby and I decided that we needed to sell our house in Florida.  We would have done it a long time ago, but with the market the way it was, it wasn't really possible before now.

The house was rented and the contract was ending so we decided that we would let our property manager do the selling. Big oups! I asked that he do an open house and told him my son might show up. The two had never met. The property manager, had no real sign out on the property except for a cheap open house sign, and he never took my son's information, told him the price or asked him any other pertinent information.  He did not give him a flyer or do anything else.  

I had been assured that the house was market ready, but one has to wonder what market! When my son sent me the pictures he took at the open house, I immediately yanked the listing, knowing that I would have to go down and get some serious work done. Things got worse when I walked into the house and putting all those other details aside, let me just say that it took 6 weeks and a few thousand dollars to get this house back to the shape it was in prior to our leaving it in 2009. 

The kitchen had to be remodelled. Everything but the floors and walls is new: the cabinets, countertop, appliances (fridge, converction 5 burner stove, dishwasher, microwave), the sink, trash disposal, compactor, and even the faucet. The floors were fixed and cleaned if they were tile or changed to laminate if they were carpeted and everything was painted inside and out. It's almost like buying a new house, except this one has already done all it's settling!

The house is now listed for sale and you can see the listing here

So if you haven't heard from me, please, please forgive me. My life pretty much from morning till night has been spent getting the house ready to put on the market and noow it's all about selling it. I hope that soon life will get back to normal!

Meanwhile, get crafty people, Christmas is right around the corner!
M-C




0 comments: