I recently joined a Facebook group called CreateExchange and this is my first swap with them! I'm always interested in swapping, but I'm not a big fan of making multiples of the same thing, so one on one swaps suit me better! Please feel free to let me know if you are interested in swapping with me! We can swap tags, mini albums, a small altered canvas, or something else that might make us both stretch our creativity!
The tag for the CreateExchange swap needed to be at least 4"x10" and the theme was Flowers. Easter and/or Butterflies. Here is what I came up with!
- The tag base is chipboard that I covered with paper from the Marion Smith Nirvana collection.
- I layered some turquoise jute that I bought at JoAnns in the flower department.
- I purchased the doily a few years ago I think at Homegoods.
- The flower center is a bead that I found on sale at Michael's a couple of weeks ago.
- The flower layers are a mix of petals from Prima and Recollection.
- The stick pins are made on 4 inch pins and the beads were collected over time.
- The saying is stamped with Coffee colored Archival Ink using a Tim Holtz stamp. I also used a couple of Distress Ink pads to colo r the background.
- The silver butterflies are Recollections. They were first colored turquoise with one of my Spectrum Noir pens and then covered with a Zig Silver pen. A little stickle to give them some more shimmer and voila!
- The flat back pearls I bought, I think from MB Treasurista's a few years ago! I bought a whole big roll, so I still have some left!
- The silver and turquoise embellishment is from a bag of Spare Parts I purchased at Hobby Lobby.
- The butterfly between the rows of pearls was made using modeling paste and a stencil I bought from SaCrafters. I used a Spectrum Noir pen to give it a touch of turquoise.
- I bought the lace at an antique mall in Waynesville, OH last summer. It is an unusual shade of greyish beige that is a fairly warm tone, for a beige, and works well with just about any shabby chic/antique stype project.
- The silver butterfly I got at Michaels. I shaped it and gesso'd the body then stickled it. It rests on a chipboard butterfly also from Michael's which I painted with a light coat of beige and then rubbed with some turquoise distress ink.
- You can see that I added a layer of turquoise ribbon under the antique lace bow.
- I wanted to give the tag a bit more dimension, so I dangled a bigger butterfly from the tag. I purchased this wood butterfly from Michael's.
- I used Americana paint to color the butterfly.
- I'm not quite sure where I purchased or got the silver butterfly, but I thought it brought in the silver elements from the main tag quite nicely!
I hope you enjoyed seeing this project, and that you will return to see what else I've got up my sleeve!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please do leave a comment (one that pertains to this tag or this blog directly) to be entered in a future drawing!
Have a wonderfully creative day,