One of my lovely and very talented readers, Debbie Buckland who owns the Blog Arty Crafty, recently awarded me a Liebster! Thanks Debbie that is both sweet and awesome!!!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs .
Here’s the rules of the nomination:
1. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 10 questions that the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate your 10 favorite blogs with under 200 followers and ask your own 10 questions.
4. Make sure to let each blogger know about your Liebster Nomination on their blog and link back to your Liebster post.
The Questions I was asked:
1. When and why did you start blogging?I was actually attending my first CHA (Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show) in January 2007. That was still in the days when we all waited with great expectation for the news of the new releases to come out once the show opened. Now that all the companies and designers etc do "previews", I actually miss the fun, anticipation and excitement there used to be when everything was divulged on the same day! Anyway I had promised all my friends that I would share my experience via a blog and that is what I did! :)
2. What is the one thing you want your followers to know about you?That I really am thrilled and truly very grateful that they would stop by and read anything I write or share!
3. What is your favorite part of running a blog?The people that I've met. Some of my blog readers have become very cherished friends! One is even from the town I was born in, Québec City and I got to meet her on a visit back there. Carole is very talented and very dear to me even if I don't get to see her very often!
4. Where do you find your blogging inspiration?My crafty friends, whether they are real life, on YouTube or FB as well as just looking at some of the paper collections and watching crafty video's on YouTube!
5. What is your most favorite product you love working with?I truly love most of the Graphic 45 collections. And even when I'm not attracted at first glance, most if not all of them really get my creative juices flowing!
6. How did you choose your blog name? I've moved a lot since 1998 when I first came to the US from Canada. It's not always easy to make friends when you move so much or to keep in tough with the people that matter to you. Friendships are what keep me grounded and happy.
7. What is your favorite color and what does it say about you?For a long time I didn't think I had one. But it is obvious when you look at what I create that there is usually some shade of green. Not necessarily as "the" color but as the supporting color in most things. It is also in just about every room in my home one way or another.
8. What is your favorite craft tool?I have this piercing tool that my hubby gave me quite a few years ago. It was no doubt originally meant as a dental instrument, and was being sold at a nearby flee market. It means a lot to me that he supports what I do and this is an outward symbol of that support. One that I actually use quite often!
9. In your opinion what is the best thing about where you live?Well I'm now in Northern Kentucky, in the "Blue Grass" area of the state, less than 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. There is a whole lot that I love about living here. But I guess the climate is the best. We have four seasons here, which I love, but none is extreme. Since my favorite weather is in the 65 to 70 range during the day with much cooler nights, I am happy most of the year!
10. What one post on our blog do you think everyone should read? (provide the link)
One of my favorite posts of all times was one on cell phone etiquette. Unfortunately the best part of the post was the video that has since be taken down. That said, I guess the post everyone should read aside from this one is the one that I will write next, since it covers a new adventure into crafting or friendship and if I'm really lucky, both!
MY LIEBSTER NOMINEES!
Here are my 10 choices for a Liebster Award. Please take a moment and go show them some love! I have put them in alphabetical order since I like them all and most are friends of mine!
My Little Crafty Heaven - Jan is no doubt one of the nicest ladies on the planet! She is kind and crafty and so supportive of her crafty friends! I'm lucky to be one of them! Go and give her so love, won't you?
Paper and String - Cathy makes great cards using her Cricut. We've been online friends and have even been able to spend some quality time togehter
Queen Kat - There is always something going on in Kat's life, well a lot of somethings! Enjoy!
SA Crafters - The lovely SA not only creates great papercrafting projects, but she also makes and sells great things in her zibbet store!
Serenity in Him - Christine is this wonderful and creative friend of mine! We met a few years ago and have kept in touch! She is a real sweetie!
Savannah is a the little girl of a friend of mine. She has been through so much as has her family. Yet they are blessed since Savvy did get her liver transplant. However, the care of a child with a liver transplant doesn't stop just because the child has a new liver. Until she can grow her own liver, and I hope that someday science allows us to do that, she will need constant and expensive care. And so I hope that you will consider Savannah's COTA fund when you are looking for a charity to support.