Saturday, March 26, 2011

Busy Bee Buzzes In

What a wonderful blessed week it's been! Enough to warm the heart of a mom, wife and crafter!

First, I went to Indianapolis, Indiana on Monday where I met up with my wonderful son, Shaun who was there for a day to do a video shoot for one of Royall Advertising's clients! If you are looking for a great guy to help you with a web/video project, contact Shaun and tell him you know his mom, LOL!

On the way up to Indianapolis I stopped at Mrs B's Scrapbook Store in Greensburg, Indiana.  It is just a couple of minutes off I-74 and well worth the stop! I was really lucky!  You see, Mrs B's is closed on Sundays and Mondays and you might have noticed that I went up on... Monday.  I was sitting in the parking lot checking my mail before getting back on the road when who drives up but, Mr's B herself! 

Mrs B. was going in to do a little work and opened the store for me!  She is a very nice lady and her store is quite full of wonderful scrappy stuff!  She also has a really nice crop room open to all croppers which boasts a huge TV, I'm talking 52 inch or thereabout!  There is also a kitchen where you can refrigerate your snacks and heat them up when you get hungry!  All in all, I'll be stopping in the next time I drive by!  Thanks Mrs B for letting me in! I wonder if I have any friends that live within say 90 minutes or less from there who would want to meet up and crop the day away sometime? Might make for a fin day!


Shaun and I managed to squeeze quite a bit of quality time in that 24 hour visit, despite his having to work...a lot!! We went to dinner at Brugge Brasserie a Belgian restaurant that we found using the Urban Spoon app on my iPhone.  We had clams, Carbonade Flamade/Belgian Beef Stew, and a crepe Suzette! After walking around a little we went back to the hotel. 

I have to thank the staff at the Courtyard by Marriot. When I checked in and asked if it was possible for us to have adjoining rooms, they were kind enough to upgrade me to a King Suite! It made the whole hotel part of spending time with Shaun so comfortable with the nice living room between our two rooms. Shaun gave me a tour of my new MacBook Pro laptop, also known as Shaun's OLD MacBook Pro laptop, which is just awesome!  The keyboard might not work, but since I'm hooking the laptop up to a monitor and external keyboard in my office, who cares? I'd call that a nice early birthday present!  Thanks Shaun,  I just know that I am going to enjoy using it. 

After his Tuesday morning video shoot, we had a very few hours to share before his flight, so we decided to take a drive into downtown Indianapolis!  The first thing we saw was the Colts' Stadium!  My gosh that place also known as Lucas Oil Stadium looks humongous from the outside!

Both of us also thought that Indianapolis' downtown had some amazing buildings and the main circle in the middle of the downtown with the Soldiers' and  Sailors' monument is truly impressive!  So impressive that Shaun insisted that we drive around it at least three times, haha! Seriously, we were very glad we took the time to go and drive around the downtown even if it was a very quick car tour! Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that Shaun will ever be in Indianapolis again! After a very relaxed lunch at the airport, it was time for us to say goodbye and for me to drive home. With any luck, Shaun will go to some other destination where I can meet up with him! It was fast but fun!

As for last night, I gave my March Birthday layout class and I had a great time!  What a wonderful group of ladies! I certainly hope that they enjoyed themselves! I was so pleased that Charlene could come over early to spend time scrapping with me and stay to enjoy the class. I owe Charlene big time as she has been a godsend, helping me to cut everything and put the class kits together! I am considering offering the kits online for future layout classes but I'm not sure if there would be an interest!  The six page layouts are between $20 and $30 for 6 pages and are precut for the class.  Kits would come with instructions. I have one of the March kits available right now. So please give me a shout if you want it! Stay tuned for pictures of the April Travel class which I hope to have up on Sunday night or Monday morning!

Speaking of friends, I had a great time at Tina's Stamp Camp this morning!  While 9am is early for a class, the company was certainly worth getting up at 7am on a Saturday!  The cards we made were absolutely lovely and the techniques were a lot of fun!  So thank you Tina for a wonderful time!

4 comments:

Céline said...

Super Méga top génial !
Tu as du être aux anges de retrouver ton fils ! La famille c'est sacré !
Plein de gros bisous à toi !
Je me remets tout doucement de tout ces évènements....je reprends du poil de la bête !
A bientôt
Céline

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing your story!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

WOW! Sounds like so much fun!

Carole RB said...

Salut M-C

Tu as passé de beaux moments avec ton fils. C'est super.

Moi j'ai profité des quelques jours aux USA pour m'équiper avec quelques punch, colle, distributeur de colle, papiers et quelques trucs pour organiser. Merci à toi pour liens pour les coupons; c'est formidable.

Bonne semaine