Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Value of "Real" Cards

I was over reading my friend Sue's blog a couple of mornings ago and her post struck me, not just because it was funny, and the card she made was gorgeous, though all her cards are, but because it reminded me of the value of actually sending all those cards that some of us like to make!

I've made a ton of cards recently, including the one in the picture. Most of the cards I've made will go out in the mail to a single person as part of a gift. Some I have already sent out. But like many people, I have a tendancy, when I want to tell someone happy birthday or get well, to just send them an email or post it on facebook. While that is well and good and even acceptable in this day and age, I'll bet that most of you are like me and are just tickled pink when you get something personal, a card or a note in the mail. Sometimes, the card we send isn't funny, like the last card I sent just last week, but I know my world is always a brighter place when I see a handwritten envelope with a friend's return address in my mailbox. So I'll be making more cards in the near future including a batch of, "Thinking of You" and put them out in the mail!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

I do tend to horde my cards. BUT over the last year or so my daughter has been getting more social. Not being a very good preplanner she'll run in the house and say... it's so&so's birthday what can I do? Well, I first bring her back to my stack of cards and say pick one. I've gotten the loveliest comments back on how they liked the card. So, thanks for the reminder to set them free.

Anonymous said...

That is a very special card...love the bird cage!

Janie

Barb:o) said...

You have always made beautiful cards and the one displayed shows that!

:Jayne said...

I'm a hoarder too! I need to send mine more often. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheryll said...

Isn't it hard to let them go...but you're right, we should use them. I was just thinking about that the other day and went to my card box and starting sending them out.