Friday, March 05, 2010

I'm Challenged

Yesterday, my world was rocked a little when I found a new, at least new to me, blog!  What a talented, "BRAVE" woman this person is!  She has gone through some exceptionally difficult times and yet, when we walk into many a scrapbook store, we are reminded that she is a winner! I read, I cried, and I couldn't help thinking about the life lessons she has to share! I hope that you will give her blog a read and learn more about the woman who started and later sold Chatterbox and is now behind the very hot "Chip Art" tools.  I am of course speaking about Melody Ross. When you read her March 1st entry, you will see what I mean!

In my efforts to be more actively creative, I did finish another Graphic 45 project.  I made the frame using their new "On The Boardwalk" collection. I love this photo of my mother as a young girl going to the beach, not because it is a happy picture, but because it isn't! It is a "real" moment, one of the ones we so often fail to capture! My grandmother's choice of dress for a beach outing is another interesting item in the picture, as are the shovel and pail my mom is holding.


This is not a layout, though this shot might make it look like one.  It is a frame I found when foraging for items to alter! Other than the frame, all I've used is some paper from the Graphic 45 "On the Boardwalk" collection and a yard or less of ribbon!  I've added a second picture, just because I think the colours are truer and the project does look more like a frame and less like a layout on it!

0 comments: