Sunday, August 03, 2008

Another Fun Crop

Yesterday I brought all, well, OK, some of my for sale scrapbook supplies and went off to a charitable Crop at the Nativity Church in Brandon. Three of my regular "scrapbook buddies" were there, Janie, Sharon and Lisa. And my buddy Becky was organizing it. Becky is a very special lady who has a big heart and helps hundreds of people raise funds for charitable causes, through a yahoo group for charitable crop organizers. I also met up with a lady that I had spoken to and was thrilled to meet, Lisa C and another lovely lady that I had met before, Cheryl. Lisa C sells jewelry and Cheryl Southern Living home decorations. The usual CM, Stampin'Up and CTMH were also represented.

The day went by really fast, mainly because I got to spend it with such nice people. Michelle the co-organizer, all the lovely croppers most of whom I got to speak with and learn a little about. A very enthusiastic first time shopper, Rebecca, who I am sure will make her mom very happy! You see Rebecca's mom, who was not present, really wanted her daughter to start scrapbooking and I could tell that Rebecca was really getting excited about this wonderful craft by the end of the crop. I also met people that were already members of the Scrapbook Buddies and who I hope will become a regular part of our off campus activities!

I did a clear card make and take, showing people some of the techniques used in putting together those clear acrylic albums that are so popular right now. I also promised people that I would put together a couple of classes, one on a little mini album that is strictly made of cardstock and one of the cascading word books, which many people are attracted to, but are a little intimidated by when they take them home. AS luck would have it, I didn't get a chance to take pictures, so here is hoping that if someone reading this did, they will email some to me to share with you!

4 comments:

Kenda said...

M-C, sounds like it was a really great day for you! So glad you got to spend it with so many wonderful ladies...

CathyR said...

It sounds like you had a really wonderful day. It's nice to have a great group of people to crop with.

Anonymous said...

MC,
You must have friends all over the place.
Sounds like you had a great time.
Hugs
Irene

Crystal Ware said...

MC You are always on the go with so many different people. You really get around! =) I'm glad you had such a great day!