Wednesday, July 02, 2008

July is a Month of National Holidays

Four countries have influenced my life, and all 4 have their national holidays during the month of July!

First comes the country of my birth, Canada, with its July 1st Canada Day celebrations.

Next my adopted country, the United States, celebrates its birthday on July 4th. To mark this occasion, I created a small waterfall acrylic book, which you will see below.

Following is France, on July 14th. My paternal grandfather was from France.

Finally Belgium celebrates its National holiday on July 21st. My parents and even my sister were born in Belgium as were both maternal grandparents and my paternal grandmother.

So to the countries that have contributed to making me the mixed breed that I am, I wish you all a very Happy Birthday!

So here is the July 4th album:

8 comments:

Monkey Girl said...

What an amazing book M-C! Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been working my butt of with Baby shower things. My MIL is giving her boss/friend a baby shower on August 9th and she asked for my help. Everything from the invitations, thank you cards, games, favors, etc. I'll be putting everything up on my webshots account after the shower. I have enjoyed everything that you have made!!! Keep up the great work!!

Lynne said...

The books you've made are great M-C!

CathyR said...

Awesome little book M-C. Are you doing something fun on the 4th so you have lots of pictures to fill it up with?

Anonymous said...

The July book is another great MC Creation! Hope you are feeling better by now.

Janie

Teresa said...

Your album is even nicer in real person. LOVE it!!!
I enjoyed sitting next to you this past weekend and getting to know you better. Happy Holidy, Happy Birthday. I am glad that you decided to adopt the good old USA. Take care,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Toujours aussi beau ce que tu fais ! Bravo !
Happy July 4th !
Marie Laurence

Shannon said...

I love you book MC. Of course I'm partial to 4th of July since it's my wedding anniversary. This is our 16 year. I feel old.

Anonymous said...

Love the album, M-C.