Friday, March 23, 2012

Dave's Cave

When my friend Charlene moved into her new condo, I made a plaque for her for her new craft room. You can see it here.  I mentioned that I wanted to make one for her husband Dave, as he would now have a man cave. It was a lot of fun adding paints and distress ink and even stickles and glossy accents to the original wood plaque that I bought at JoAnn's.! I was invited to Dave and Charlene's this past Wednesday and got to give Dave his plaque in person! I think that Dave liked his plaque!



Believe it or not, I also used Jolee's Trees and mounted them on foam to give then depth and dimension. To make sure they were not too fragile, I coated them with Glossy Accents after I had shaded them. Because I didn't want the to look too glossy, I added a layer of ink on top of the Glossy Accent. I also inked the letters with Distress Ink, so they wouldn't look so lime green!

Thank you so much for looking and please feel free to leave a comment!
M-C


1 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great artwork! I'm sure he loved it!