Monday, April 04, 2011

My Tea Tag Swap Project

Here are some things I am working on this week!

I am part of a time swap and here is my tag:



It is actually very dimensional.  The actual background is meant to depict a wall with a  chair rail. I used the Stella paper from My Mind's Eye! I used a two sided rivet in the hole of the tag so it would look pretty.

The table top and legs are made of wood which I cut, stained and lacquered.  I used lace for the table cloth.

I used 5 different stamps, one for the cupcakes which I stamped and colored and then cut out. I put two of the cut outs on top of each other, with the cupcake of the top cutout lifted. I used Diamond glaze (same as Crystal lacquer) on the frosting part of all the cupcakes and on the rim, middle and bottom of the plate.

I stamped the teapot and cups from Basic Gray paper!  I thought that would make them look more like porcelain.  I then cut out the teapot and the cups, which are modified teapots. I also hand created a lid for the teapot since the actual stamp had flowers in the pot. I used a black glaze pen to highlight the teapot and then popped up the teapot and each cup at different heights. I then lacquered  each one so that they would have a shine like porcelain.

I stamped the frame and stamped the Tea Time inside the frame on Crate Paper, paper.  I cut out the frame and then used my black glaze pen on the outline of the frame and the letters. I used two colors of bakers twine from Pink Paisley and tied them to each side of the frame and then glued down the frame to the tag.

I used three colors of fiber and two widths of ribbon. After looking at the fiber, I decided I liked it framing the sides of the tag rather than just flopping down, so I hot glued it to the sides after twirling it together a little.

Since all tea parties require a fancy hat, I found a hat charm and added it to the Tea Time frame!  And voila, my tag for the swap is completed!  Here is a picture of all the products I used!



I sure hope that the people in my swap group will like it!

4 comments:

Carole RB said...

Bonjour M-C

Ton tag est très beau. Tu y as mis beaucoup de détails. C'est remarquable.

Bonne semaine

The Vintage Key said...

Your tea tag is very colorful and beautiful.
TFS
Laura

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is great! Love all the details!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that the people in your swap are gonna love your tags. Wow, looks like you spent a lot of time on them. Very nice!