Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Next Few Days

Wow it's finally happening, our move out of our house in FL is this weekend! I am finalizing all the packing, closing off all the utilities, calling to get things operational in Kentucky and hoping that I somehow get it done and get some sleep too before my solo 14 hour drive.

This Sunday, Nuku, my kitty, and I take the road all the way to Northern Kentucky where we will both take up our temporary accommodations until the 16th! Nuku at the local vets, poor kitty, and yours truly back in the dorm at NKU with Hubby!

I do wish that Marquis Homes could have worked with us on a better, sooner closing date! We would have saved a bundle and I'd have been a lot less stressed if they could have made our closing date the 1st or even the 5th and saved me knowing that our furniture would be loaded and unloaded twice and stored in a warehouse for two weeks with the potential not only to break, but to lose things in the shuffle.

But honestly, Ginger and Tony at Marquis have been wonderful in every other aspect and we are in fact closing 1 day earlier than the latest limit they had given us. Besides the house is outstanding! You guys know that if Marquis were either just OK or even terrible, I would tell you and the world so that no one else had to suffer a bad experience; but I've got to tell you that if you have to build a home in the northern Kentucky area, you need to have Ginger Baehner as your Marquis Homes Market Manager. No matter which Marquis home you pick in any of the NKY communities that Marquis builds in, she can help you make it your dream home, ensure a minimum of hastles, and make sure that you are excited and eager to live in your new home! Yeah Ginger!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that you have a very safe trip!!!!

We will miss you!!

*BIG HUGS* & LOVE!!!

Anonymous said...

LADY, NOT SURE IF YOU WILL GET THIS BEFORE TOMORROW...I AM HOPING TO GET WITH WITHIN THE NEXT 2 DAYS, BUT WILL CALL IN THE MORNING. HAVE TO SEE YA BEFORE YOU LEAVE.

SHARON

Sandy said...

Take care and have a safe trip.