Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Need your input!

I'm still waiting for the final outcome of the passport. It should be printed and shipped out today and I should get the tracking number tomorrow which will tell me what I'm doing this Sunday till the 20th.


But here is what I need your comments on! I was offered the job at our Jo Ann's etc in our area as the papercraft (scrapbook/card) instructor. It's a pretty restrictive job in the creative sense, there is a lesson plan to follow, the people are told generically what to purchase, 1 12x12 printed paper, 2 pieces of cardstock etc. They then come to a class where they use their own supplies to learn the basics. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that. I guess I just make a few samples using similar supplies and let them play...


As you know, I also teach at an LSS and at my house and love the creative outlet of doing that. The questions is, should I take the job at JAs? I have to give the lady an answer tomorrow and I just can't make up my mind. I get to pick the dates and times where I will teach. For example I would have to give her my August hours this week. I just don't know if I'm cut out for working under those conditions. Then again, I love a challenge and I love getting to know people. Your comments are most welcome, appreciated and yearned for!


What's a blog without a picture? So here is one from my archives... my beautiful, cuddly Radar says hello to all of you he has met and shedded on and offers a friendly paw to those he has yet to share his fur with!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. I'm sure it's exciting to be offered the job. But I know you. You like more creative things. I could see where it would be hard for you to stick with more basics and not going out of the box. If you know what I'm trying to say. You are a very busy gal already. How many hours a week would it be. 2-3? If that it wouldn't be too bad. I guess to what I'm trying to say is that your skills are so much more than just basic card making. But you would be great at it too and would give excellent advice. Good luck with your decision.

Anonymous said...

love the picture of RADAR

since I have already given you my opinion via phone (and I know your decision-so far), I'll skip that part

Janie